UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Fund
Job no: 516384
Position type: Temporary Appointment Location: Colombia
Division/Equivalent: Latin America and Caribbean Regional Off
Department/Office: Bogota, Colombia
Categories: Emergency Programme, G-6 UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up. For every child, At UNICEF COLOMBIA we work to generate positive changes in the lives of children and adolescents. Our current work plan runs from 2015 to the end of 2019 and aims to ensure that children and adolescents enjoy their rights through equitable access to social services, improve their learning and live protected from all types of violence. We work throughout Colombia, with special focus on the departments where children have fewer opportunities: Chocó, Cauca, Nariño, Antioquia, Córdoba, Amazonas, Putumayo, La Guajira and Caquetá. For More Information Visit The Following Link How can you make a difference? Under the supervision and guidance of the Officer, the programme associate supports the respective section through providing a range of procedural, administrative, programme and operational support in developing, implementing, executing and monitoring the Humanitarian Action Plan in Atlantico, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
Summary Of Key Functions/accountabilities
• Support to programme development, planning and execution.
• Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
• Support in resource mobilization
• Support in knowledge management and capacity building
• Support in Technical assistance to strengthen the develop of the Humanitarian action plan in Atlantico.
• Contribution and support provided to build and reinforce commitment and institutional and communities’ capacities of the national and local partners.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
• A minimum of 6 years of relevant professional experience in one of the areas worked in UNICEF, field experience is required.
• Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
• Good level of English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset. For every Child, you demonstrate… UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results. The Technical Competencies Required For This Post Are
• Analyzing (II) • Applying technical expertise (II)
• Planning and organizing (II)
• Following Instructions and Procedures (II) View our competency framework at UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Remarks Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Sep 17 2018 SA Pacific Standard Time
Application close: Sep 20 2018 SA Pacific Standard Time